The main area of use for the Prussian T 16.1 freight tender locomotive (class 94) was heavy shunting service and use on steep lines with weaker track bed structures.
The Prussian T 16.1 was a reinforced version of the T 16. They mainly received improvements to the running gear and larger storage tanks. The Deutsche Reichsbahn still procured locomotives of this series as well. From 1913 to 1924, a total of 1,236 locomotives were built.
In the early 1970s, the last exemplars retired from service. Our 94 1730, built in 1924 at LHW - Linke-Hofmann-Werke AG (Breslau), was part of the subsequent deliveries for the Deutsche Reichsbahn. It was taken out of service at the Hamm depot in 1974 and came to Neuenmarkt as the first steam locomotive of the DDM.
|TYPE||E h2 Gt 55.17|
|DRIVING WHEEL Ø||1 350 mm|
|LENGTH OVER BUFFER||12 660 mm|
|TOP SPEED||60 km/h|
|INDICATED POWER||1 070 PS|
|BOILER OVERPRESSURE||12 kp/cm²|
|GRATE AREA||2,24 m²|
|EVAPORATIVE HEATING SURFACE||126,99 m²|
|SUPERHEATER HEATING SURFACE||45,27 m²|
|CYLINDER Ø||610 mm|
|PISTON STROKE||660 mm|
|MAXIMUM AXIAL LOAD||17,2 Mp|
|FRICTION LOAD||84,9 Mp|
|SERVICE LOAD||84,9 Mp|
|MANUFACTURER||LINKE-HOFMANN-LAUCHHAMMER AG BRESLAU|