These locomotives were procured for the military field railway starting in 1914. They hauled armament and supplies on easy-to-lay tracks behind the front line with a connection to a standard-gauge line.
Behind the front line, the goods brought in from the hinterland were reloaded onto the field railway trains. These military field railways were built and operated by the railway brigades, hence the nickname "Brigadelok". Ours was still used in road construction and civil engineering in the Coburg area until the end of the 1950s, after which it stood on a playground for about 20 years.
ex military field railway, "Brigadelok" Type: D n2t Manufacturer: Henschel Year of construction: 1917
The powerful runner
The three-cylinder engines of the 01.10 series embodied the advancement of the 01 class. Due to the ...