The Saxon class XIV H (BR 75.5) was used for mixed service on main and branch lines. The 75 501 came from the GDR in 1977 - with its smokebox door welded shut!
From 1911 to 1921, a total of 106 locomotives of the Saxon class XIV H were built. They were used for all types of passenger trains on the branch and main lines in the Saxon uplands and in industrial areas. The German Reichsbahn classified the locomotives from 1925 as class 75.5.
The last locomotives of this class were in use in Saxony at the depots Chemnitz Hbf. (Karl-Marx-Stadt Hbf.), Glauchau, Falkenstein (Vogtland) and Zittau. They were withdrawn from service at the end of the 1960s. Only two machines were preserved - our 75 501 built in 1915 and the 75 515 in Chemnitz-Hilbersdorf. Both were built at the Sächsische Maschinenfabrik formerly known as Richard Hartmann in Chemnitz.
|TYPE||1´C1´ h2 Pt 35.16|
|DRIVING WHEEL Ø||1 590 mm|
|TRAILING WHEEL FRONT Ø||1 065 mm|
|TRAILING WHEEL Ø||1 065 mm|
|LENGTH OVER BUFFER||12 415 mm|
|TOP SPEED||75 km/h|
|INDICATED POWER||990 PS|
|BOILER OVERPRESSURE||12 kp/cm²|
|GRATE AREA||2,3 m²|
|EVAPORATIVE HEATING SURFACE||131,58 m²|
|SUPERHEATER HEATING SURFACE||36,24 m²|
|CYLINDER Ø||550 mm|
|PISTON STROKE||600 mm|
|MAXIMUM AXIAL LOAD||16,6 Mp|
|FRICTION LOAD||49,1 Mp|
|SERVICE LOAD||79,4 Mp|
FORMERLY RICHARD HARTMANN, CHEMNITZ
|ACCEPTANCE||14 APR. 1915|
|MILEAGE||2.3 MIO. km|