It was the only DB class 50 locomotive to be equipped with a Riggenbach counter-pressure brake for the test runs at the Federal Railroad Central Office in Minden.
The class 50 unit freight locomotives are among the most successful designs of the Deutsche Reichsbahn. Between 1939 and 1948, 3,164 machines were built in almost all European locomotive factories.
Thanks to its low axle load, the locomotive could also be used on branch line with lighter track bed structures, which made it a universal class at the end of the steam locomotive era. However, turntables within the branch line network were often not made for such long machines. The locomotives were therefore designed to go at a speed of 80 km/h in both directions.
Our 50 975 was built in 1941 by the Krupp locomotive factory (Essen) and was taken out of service at the Weiden depot on 16.05.1975.
|TYPE||1´E h2 G 56.15|
|DRIVING WHEEL Ø||1 400 mm|
|TRAILING WHEEL FRONT Ø||850 mm|
|LENGTH OVER BUFFER||22 940 mm|
|TOP SPEED||80 km/h|
|INDICATED POWER||1 625 PS|
|BOILER OVERPRESSURE||16 kp/cm²|
|GRATE AREA||3,9 m²|
|EVAPORATIVE HEATING SURFACE||177,83 m²|
|SUPERHEATER HEATING SURFACE||68,94 m²|
|CYLINDER Ø||600 mm|
|PISTON STROKE||660 mm|
|MAXIMUM AXIAL LOAD||15,2 Mp|
|FRICTION LOAD||75,3 Mp|
|SERVICE LOAD||86,9 Mp|
|TENDER||2´2´ T 26|
|TOTAL PRODUCED||3 164|
|MANUFACTURER||FRIEDRICH KRUPP GMBH, ESSEN|
|ACCEPTANCE||9 MAR. 1941|
|MILEAGE||1.6 MIO. km|